1/800th, f2.8, ISO 160
This post once marked the centre of the mail-distribution universe for Sydney. The GPO building, on the corner of Martin Place and George St, was constructed around 1866 and took roughly 25 years to build. It was one of the many structures designed by the often mentioned Daily Photo regular, Colonial Architect James Barnet.
The building now hosts a hotel, several small boutique eating and fashion shops, but still retains small retail Post Office services.